December 2013 Sales Chart
December 2013 Sales Conference Call (audio)
TORRANCE, Calif. (Jan. 3, 2014) – Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported December 2013 sales results of 190,843 units, an increase of 2.2 percent over December 2012 on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis. On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 25 selling days in December 2013 versus 26 selling days in December 2012, TMS sales decreased 1.7 percent from year-ago month.
Toyota division posted December 2013 sales of 156,086 units, down 0.7 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. Volume-wise, Toyota division sales decreased 4.6 percent over December 2012.
With the same number of selling days in 2013 and 2012, TMS reported annual sales of 2,236,042 vehicles, up 7.4 percent versus last year on both a DSR and raw-volume basis.
“The auto industry was a consistent bright spot in the economic recovery throughout 2013,” said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. “We expect the economy will continue to gain strength in 2014, with car sales rising to pre-recession levels.”
Lexus reported December sales of 34,757 units, an 18.1 percent increase on a DSR basis and a 13.6 percent increase on a raw volume basis, both year-over-year.
“Lexus had its best sales month in seven years and the luxury segment outperformed the overall auto industry in December” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “We expect the luxury market will continue to expand in 2014.”
- Camry is best-selling car in America in 2013
- Avalon up more than 20 percent in December; posts triple digit gains annually
- All-new Corolla records monthly sales of more than 22,500 units; up about 4 percent for the year
- TMS hybrids retain about 60 percent of the market and set all-time sales record in 2013
- Prius family posts sales of 15,720 units in December
- Toyota division trucks record best December since 2007; up nearly 11 percent year-over-year
- All-new RAV4 up 46 percent with best-ever December; up 27 percent annually
- Highlander posts monthly sales of more than 12,300 units
- Toyota division pickups up 12 percent for the year
- Tacoma up almost 13 percent annually
- All-new Tundra up more than 7 percent in December; up nearly 11 percent year-over-year
- All-new Lexus IS posts triple-digit gains in December; up 26.4 for the year
- Lexus ES is volume car leader with monthly sales of 8,213 units; up almost 30 percent annually
- Lexus RX posts sales of more than 13,000 units in December; up 9 percent over 2012
- Lexus GX up 30 percent for the month; up 10 percent for the year
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume