Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces April – September 2015 Financial Results
November 05, 2015
Toyota’s global net income increased 12 percent during the six-month period (April – September 2015) of the 2016 fiscal year.
Global Financial Highlights:
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 122-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Global sales of 4,278,007 vehicles decreased by 198,515 units compared to the same period last fiscal year. North America posted sales gains, while Europe, Asia and other regions declined.
- Consolidated net revenues for the period totaled 14.09 trillion yen (*$115.5 billion), up 8.9 percent.
- Operating income increased to 1.5834 trillion yen ($13.0 billion), up 17.1 percent.
- Net income jumped to 1.2581 trillion yen ($10.3 billion), a 12 percent increase.
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 122-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016):
- Sales increased by 17,959 vehicles to 1,413,064 units.
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to 285.7 billion yen (*$2.34 billion).
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 118-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
- Global consolidated vehicle sales has been revised from 8.95 million to 8.75 million units due to the latest sales trends in each region.
- Consolidated net revenue has been revised to 27.5 trillion yen (*$233.1 billion)
- Operating income is 2.8 trillion yen ($23.7 billion)
- Net income is 2.25 trillion yen ($19.1 billion)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to:
Aaron Fowles (469) 292-1097