Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces First Quarter Financial Results
August 04, 2016
Toyota’s global net income decreased 14.5 percent for the 2017 fiscal year first quarter, which ended June 30, 2016.
Global Financial Highlights:
- Global sales of 2,172,659 vehicles increased by 58,659 units compared to the same period last fiscal year. Japan, Europe and Asia posted sales gains, while North America and other regions declined.
- Consolidated net revenues for the period totaled 6.58 trillion yen (*$60.925 billion), down 5.7 percent.
- Operating income decreased to 642.2 billion yen (*$5.946 billion), down 15.0 percent.
- Net income decreased to 552.4 billion yen (*$5.114 billion), a 14.5 percent decline.
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 108-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Financial services operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to 81.6 billion yen (*$755.555 million).
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 108-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
- Sales decreased by 13,429 vehicles to 715,384 units.
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) increased to 165.4 billion yen (*$1.531 billion).
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017):
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 102-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
- Global consolidated vehicle sales of 8.9 million
- Consolidated net revenue of 26.0 trillion yen (*$254.9 billion)
- Operating income of 1.6 trillion yen (*$15.686 billion)
- Net income of 1.45 trillion yen (*$14.215 billion)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to: