Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces Financial Results for Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2017
May 10, 2017
Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) today announced its financial results for the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2017.
Global Financial Highlights:
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 108-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Global sales of 8,970,860 vehicles increased by 289,532 units compared to the previous fiscal year. Japan, Europe and Asia posted sales gains, while other regions declined.
- Consolidated net revenues for the period totaled 27.5971 trillion yen (*$255.528 billion), down 2.8 percent.
- Operating income decreased to 1.9943 trillion yen (*$18.465 billion), down 30.1 percent.
- Net income decreased to 1.8311 trillion yen (*$16.954 billion), a 20.8 percent decline.
- Financial services operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to 240.4 billion yen (*$2.225 billion).
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 108-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018):
- Sales decreased by 1,895 vehicles to 2,837,334 units.
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to 330.9 billion yen (*$3.063 billion).
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 105-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
- Global consolidated vehicle sales of 8.9 million.
- Consolidated net revenue of 27.5 trillion yen (*$261.904 billion)
- Operating income of 1.6 trillion yen (*$15.238 billion)
- Net income of 1.5 trillion yen (*$14.285 billion)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to: