Toyota Motor Sales Reports July 2016 Sales
- TMS posts best-ever light truck sales for second month in a row
- RAV4 and Highlander post best-ever sales for the month
- Lexus posts best-ever LUV sales in July and year-to-date
August 02, 2016
July 2016 Sales Chart
TORRANCE, Calif. (August 2, 2016)
– Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported July 2016 sales of 214,233 units, a decrease of 1.4 percent from July 2015 on a volume basis. With the same amount of selling days in July 2016 compared to July 2015, sales were down 1.4 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted July 2016 sales of 186,343 units, down 0.5 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Light trucks remained the hottest segment for the industry in July,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager, Toyota division. “Toyota Division reported its best-ever light truck sales for the month, supported by record July results for both RAV4 and Highlander.”
Lexus posted July sales of 27,890 units, down 6.5 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Lexus luxury utility vehicles had another strong sales month, with RX, NX, and LX up,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus division group vice president and general manager. “With these results, we had our best-ever July for light trucks and are up nearly 10 percent for the year, thanks to the strength of our dealer body.”
July 2016 Highlights
- Corolla posts sales of 31,717 units; up almost 5 percent for the month
- Camry posts July sales of 34,122 units
- TMS posts best-ever light truck sales for the second consecutive month
- Toyota Division light trucks up 7.3 percent; best-ever July
- RAV4 sales rose 19.3 percent; best-ever July
- Highlander posts sales of 15,213 units, up 19.5 percent; best-ever July
- 4Runner up more than 14 percent
- Land Cruiser up 57.7 percent in July
- TCUV posts best-ever July
- ES posts sales of 5,497 units for the month, up 1 percent
- Lexus LUVs post best-ever July and year-to-date sales
- NX up 8.1 percent in July with sales of 4,689 units; best-ever July
- RX posts sales of more than 8,500 units, up 3.1 percent for the month
- LX up almost 54 percent for the year
- Lexus L/Certified posts best-ever July, up 24 percent for the month
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to advancing mobility through our Toyota and Lexus
brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve produced more than 30 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 44,000 people (more than 34,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.8 million cars and trucks (nearly 2.5 million in the U.S.) in 2015 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with community, civic, academic, and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We share company resources and extensive know-how to support non-profits to help expand their ability to assist more people move more places. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com