Toyota Motor North America Reports January 2017 Sales
- Toyota division posts best-ever January in RAV4, Highlander
- TCUV posted 17th consecutive month of best-ever monthly sales
- L/Certified by Lexus achieves best-ever January sales
February 01, 2017
January 2017 Sales Chart
Plano, Texas (February 1, 2017)
– Toyota Motor North America (TMNA), Inc., today reported its U.S. January 2017 sales of 143,048 vehicles, a decrease of 11.3 percent from January 2016 on a volume basis. With the same number of selling days in January 2017 compared to January 2016, sales were down 11.3 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted January sales of 127,476 units, down 9.2 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Coming off a record December and year in 2016, the industry in January took a bit of a pause with volume down slightly vs. a year ago,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota division. “Much improved Light Truck availability helped RAV4 and Highlander begin the year with record January sales.”
Lexus posted January sales of 15,572 vehicles, down 25.6 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“January proved to be a challenging month driven by limited LUV availability and the strength of our December results,” said Jeff Bracken, group vice president and general manager of the Lexus division. “Our outstanding December of nearly 41,000 resulted in a low days’ supply for our core models, especially in metro markets. We are continuing to replenish dealer inventories and expect healthy levels in February. Our dealers did achieve a best-ever January in L/Certified sales with more than 7,900 sales.”
January 2017 Highlights
- Camry posts January sales of 20,313 units
- Toyota division SUV up 8 percent in January
- Highlander posts best-ever January, up 12.4 percent
- RAV4 posts best-ever January with sales of 22,155 units, up 2.8 percent
- 4Runner sales were up 16 percent
- TCUV had a best-ever January and 17 consecutive months of best-ever monthly sales
- RX posts sales of 5,520
- L/Certified by Lexus posts best-ever January sales of 7,901, up 9.2 percent from January 2016
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM), creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to advancing mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. Over the past 60 years, we’ve produced more than 30 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 44,000 people (more than 34,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold almost 2.6 million cars and trucks (2.45 million in the U.S.) in 2016 – and about 85 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 15 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with community, civic, academic, and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We share company resources and extensive know-how to support non-profits to help expand their ability to assist more people move more places. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.
Media Web sites: