Toyota Posts Best-Ever Sales In August 2014
Toyota is No. 1 retail manufacturer; Toyota SUVs record best sales month ever
September 03, 2014
August 2014 Sales Chart
August 2014 Sales Conference Call (audio)
TORRANCE, Calif. (Sept. 3, 2014)
– Toyota, Scion and Lexus today reported total August 2014 sales results of 246,100 units, an increase of 10.2 percent over August 2013 on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis. On a raw-volume basis, unadjusted for 27 selling days in August 2014 versus 28 selling days in August 2013, sales increased 6.3 percent over year-ago month.
Toyota division posted August 2014 sales of 213,291 units, up 9.6 percent year-over-year on a DSR basis. Volume-wise, Toyota division sales increased 5.7 percent over August 2013.
“The industry had its best August in over a decade with sales topping 1.5 million vehicles," said Bill Fay, Toyota division group vice president and general manager. "Boosted by standout SUV sales and a record-shattering month for RAV4, Toyota was the number 1 retail manufacturer in August."
Lexus reported August sales of 32,809 units, a 14.2 percent increase on a DSR basis and a 10.1 percent increase on a raw-volume basis, both year-over-year.
“It was a great market from top to bottom in August,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus group vice president and general manager. “Lexus had its second straight record-setting month as both passenger cars and luxury utility vehicles posted solid gains.”
- Camry posts sales of more than 44,000 units
- All-new Corolla up over 23 percent
- Avalon up nearly 13 percent
- Prius posts sales of nearly 24,000 units
- Toyota SUVs up about 28 percent, posts best month ever
- All-new RAV4 up 51.5 percent, tops the previous best-ever record set just last month
- 4Runner up 67 percent
- All-new Highlander posts sales of 11,489 units
- All-new Tundra up 4 percent for the month
- Tacoma posts sales of over 14,000 units
- All-new Lexus IS increased 20 percent
- Lexus ES posts sales of more than 7,600 units
- Lexus GS up nearly 14 percent
- Lexus luxury utility vehicles up almost 12 percent
- Lexus GX posts triple-digit gains for the tenth month in a row
- Lexus RX about 4 percent
*Note: Unless otherwise stated, all figures reflect unadjusted raw sales volume
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 40,000 people (more than 32,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.5 million cars and trucks (more than 2.2 million in the U.S.) in 2013 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.
Toyota partners with philanthropic organizations across the country, with a focus on education, safety and the environment. As part of this commitment, we share the company’s extensive know-how garnered from building great cars and trucks to help community organizations and other nonprofits expand their ability to do good. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com