Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Announces First Quarter FY 2016 Financial Results
August 04, 2015
Toyota’s global net income increased 10 percent for the 2016 fiscal year first quarter that ended June 30, 2015.
Global Financial Highlights:
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 121-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Global sales of 2.11 million vehicles decreased by 127,285 units compared to the same period last fiscal year. North America posted sales gains, while Europe, Asia and other regions declined.
- Consolidated net revenues for the period totaled 6.98 trillion yen (*$57.7 billion), up 9.3 percent
- Operating income increased to 756.0 billion yen ($6.25 billion), up 9.1 percent
- and net income jumped to 646.3 billion yen ($5.34 billion), a 10 percent increase
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 121-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016):
- Sales increased by 18,404 vehicles to 728,813 units
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) increased to 151.1 billion yen (*$1.25 billion).
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 117-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
- Global consolidated vehicle sales has been revised from 8.9 million to 8.95 million
- Consolidated net revenue is 27.8 trillion yen (*$237.6 billion)
- Operating income is 2.8 trillion yen ($23.9 billion)
- and net income is 2.25 trillion yen ($19.2 billion)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to: